A function is a logical block of code that does a specific task. Optionally, a function takes one or more arguments, and can return a value.
The following list of Python Tutorials on Functions will make an introduction to Functions, and other concepts related to Functions.
- Introduction to FunctionsPython Tutorial that introduces you to Functions. Syntax to write a function, how to call a function, passing arguments to a function, etc.
- Multiple Arguments to Function *argsPython Tutorial on how to send variable number of arguments to a function.
- Keyword Arguments to Function **kwargsPython Tutorial on how to send variable number of keyword arguments to a function.
- Return a Value from FunctionPython Tutorial on how to return a value from a function using return statement.
- Return Multiple Values from a FunctionPython Tutorial on how to return multiple values from a function in a single return statement.
- Return Function from FunctionPython Tutorial on how to return a function from another function.
- Inner FunctionsPython Tutorial on how to define a function inside another function.
- Lambda FunctionsPython Tutorial on how to write Lambda Functions(anonymous functions).
- Recursion FunctionsPython Tutorial on how to write Recursion Functions, the functions that call themselves in their body.
- Callback FunctionPython Tutorial on how to write a Callback Function. Callback is a function that is passed to another function, and the other function must call this callback function.
- Builtin FunctionsPython Tutorial that lists all the builtin functions.
- List of FunctionsPython Tutorial on how to define a list with functions as elements.
Other Function Tutorials
- Return Tuple from FunctionPython Tutorial on how to return a Tuple object from a function.
⫷ Previous tutorialNext tutorial ⫸