Python sqlite3 package
SQLite is a disk based lightweight database. It does not require a separate server unlike MySQL. The data stored is persistent and therefore can be accessed during subsequent application runs in a timeline.
Like any relational database, we will learn how to create a connection object to the database, create a table in the database, insert records into the table, select rows from the table based on a clause, update row(s) based on a clause, delete rows or complete table if required, etc.
List of sqlite3 Examples
In this Python sqlite3 tutorial, we will go through following concepts.
- Python sqlite3 – Create Connection Object
- Python sqlite3 – Create Table
- Python sqlite3 – Check if Table Exists
- Python sqlite3 – INSERT INTO table
- Python sqlite3 – SELECT FROM TABLE
- Python sqlite3 – INSERT Multiple Rows to TABLE
- Python sqlite3 – DELETE all rows FROM TABLE
To summarize this tutorial of Python Examples, we learned what sqlite3 package is, and list of different functionalities possible using sqlite3.