Shuffle List in Python
List is an ordered sequence of items. You can shuffle these items using shuffle() function of random module.
shuffle() function takes a sequence and shuffles the order of elements.
Following is the quick code snippet to shuffle a list.
Example 1: Shuffle a List
In this example, we shall shuffle a list in Python using random package.
import random #initialize a list listA = [2, 8, 4, 3, 1, 5] #shuffle list random.shuffle(listA) print(listA)
When the above program is run, it prints a shuffled list. We have run it many times, to see the order of elements change.
Example 2: Shuffle a List of Strings
In this program, we shall take a list of string and shuffle them.
import random #initialize a list listA = ['a', 'b', 'c', 'd', 'e'] #shuffle list random.shuffle(listA) print(listA)
During each run, the list of strings is shuffled.
In this tutorial of Python Examples, we learned how to shuffle a list, with the help of well detailed examples.
- Python Program to Find Unique Items of a List
- Python – Count the items with a specific value in the List
- How to Get List of all Files in Directory and Sub-directories?
- Python – How to Create an Empty List?
- How to Get the list of all Python keywords?
- Python List of Functions
- How to Reverse Python List?
- Python List of Dictionaries
- Python – Get Index or Position of Item in List
- Python Program to Find Largest Number in a List