Shuffle List in Python
List is an ordered sequence of items. You can shuffle these items using shuffle() function of random module.
shuffle() function takes a sequence and shuffles the order of elements.
Following is the quick code snippet to shuffle a list.
Example 1: Shuffle a List
In this example, we shall shuffle a list in Python using random package.
import random #initialize a list listA = [2, 8, 4, 3, 1, 5] #shuffle list random.shuffle(listA) print(listA)
When the above program is run, it prints a shuffled list. We have run it many times, to see the order of elements change.
Example 2: Shuffle a List of Strings
In this program, we shall take a list of string and shuffle them.
import random #initialize a list listA = ['a', 'b', 'c', 'd', 'e'] #shuffle list random.shuffle(listA) print(listA)
During each run, the list of strings is shuffled.
In this tutorial of Python Examples, we learned how to shuffle a list, with the help of well detailed examples.
- How to Sort Python List?
- Python List without Last Element
- Python Program to Find Duplicate Items of a List
- Python List of Dictionaries
- How to Access List Items in Python?
- Python List with First N Elements
- How to Insert Item at Specific Index in Python List?
- How to Check if Python List is Empty?
- Python List – Add Item
- Python List of Functions