Python List Operations
Python Lists allow us to hold items of heterogeneous types. There are no arrays in Python unlike in many other popular programming languages. But the Python Lists would be sufficient for all the requirements where you may need arrays.
In this tutorial, we will learn how to create a list in Python; access the list items; find the number of items in the list, how to add an item to list; how to remove an item from the list; loop through list items; sorting a list, reversing a list; and many more transformation and aggregation actions on Python Lists.
List of Operations on Python Lists
Create Python Lists
Python List Properties
- Python – Add Item to List
- Python – Remove an Item from List
- Python – Remove Item at Specific Index from List
- Python – Remove all Occurrences of an Item from List
- Python – Remove duplicates from List
- Python – Append a List to another List
- Python – Reverse List
- Python – Sort List
- Python – Shuffle List
Checks on Python List
- Python – Check if List is Empty
- Python – Check if Element in List
- Python – Check if List Contains all Elements of Another List
Find in – Python List
- Python – Count the occurrences of items in a List with a specific value
- Python – Find duplicates in List
- Python – Find unique elements in List
- Python – Find Index of Item in List
- Python – Insert Item at Specific Position in List
- Python – Example to Find the Largest Number in a List
- Python – Example to Find the Smallest Number in a List
Python List Comprehension Operations
- Python List Comprehension with Two Lists
- Python List Comprehension containing IF Condition
- Python List Comprehension with Multiple Conditions
Python List – Sub-List Operations
- Python – Get List without Last Element
- Python – Traverse List except Last Element
- Python – Get List with First N Elements
- Python – Slice a List
Python List Conversions
In this tutorial of Python Examples, we learned about the usage and syntax of different List Operations in Python.
- How to Get List of all Files in Directory and Sub-directories?
- Python Program to Find Duplicate Items of a List
- Python List without Last Element
- Python Program to Find Smallest Number in List
- Python – Get Index or Position of Item in List
- How to Sort Python List?
- How to Check if Python List is Empty?
- How to Access List Items in Python?
- How to Get the list of all Python keywords?
- Python List of Lists